Road traffic accident or workplace accident? – insurance lawyers – claim your compensation

If you have been involved in a road traffic accident or workplace accident that was not your fault, you are entitled to compensation for the damages that you have sustained because of that accident.

Type of Damages

The damages that the injured person can claim are Special Damages and General Damages.

What are the Special Damages?

The Special Damages are compensation for the expenses that the injured person has incurred because of the accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence.

Examples of special damages are past and future medical expenses (e.g. bill from doctor, physiotherapy expenses, surgery expenses etc), property damages expenses (e.g. costs of repairing car damages), lost wages for being off work with sick leave because of the injuries, future loss of earning capacity due to the accident and any other expenses that were incurred due to the accident that can be clearly determined with evidence.

What are the General Damages?

The General Damages is the compensation awarded for the pain, suffering, diminished quality of life and loss of amenity of the injured person that were caused because of accident.

This compensation is for the actual injuries suffered and the effect those have had on the injured person’s quality of life.

General Damages do not have a specific amount of compensation for the injured person but are determined based on the seriousness of the injuries, their effect to the injured person and by taking into account previous court cases of similar personal injury claims where a judgement was awarded.

Against whom can you claim damages?

When the personal injury is related to a road accident then the claim shall be filed against the insurance company that was covering the motor vehicle of the negligent driver at the time of the accident.

In case where the other involved motor vehicle is uninsured then the claim will be filed against the Motor Insurers’ Fund (MIF).

For workplace accidents the claim shall be filed against the employer of the injured employee. The employer will then involve his insurance company on the matter to compensate the injured party.

Time limit

A personal injury case has a time limit of 3 (three) years.

This means that court proceedings must be filed by the injured person within 3 (three) years from the date of the accident.

If you are looking for lawyer to represent you for a claim of personal injury, Evagoras Anastasiou & Associates LLC can help you deal with the issue successfully. The firm is experienced in using professional methods to achieve the best results. For more information on how you can achieve such a solution, please contact Evagoras Anastasiou & Associates LLC and discuss the process further.

Contact us by completing this form:

  • ✓ Valid number ✕ Invalid number

Related Posts

Recent Articles

End of the corporate annual levy obligation
February 22, 2024
EU Blue Card for high skilled foreign workers
February 2, 2024
Cyprus Golden Knowledge Programme
December 19, 2023

Let us help you!

If you need any assistance, please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you within 1 business day. Or if in hurry, just call us now.

Call Cyprus: +357 2558 2999
Call: +44 785 613 9955

info@anastasioulaw.comMon – Fri 09:00-17:00